Monday, October 19, 2009

journal 1


point of view: kate
the twins woke this morning and i put them back to sleep, its been hard Since my mother died i have been the un offical mother of the family. I have had to move from my home in Albany New York and are now in northern land called Canada and we live in a wagon. The wagon is very open and isnt considered very safe by my standards. i am currently wearing some older wool clothes, i get anything i can get a hold of because its so cold. we often eat basic nesccesity foods such as porrige and meats. i dont get to have alot of fun because of my situation and i am always working. i had quite the scare the other morning because
what i thouught was a wild cat was actually the
land owners cat clawing my wagon. i am quite sad still because my father doesnt talk to me much and because my mother died, and with so many wild animals in the area (which ii am very scared of) its hard to feel safe in this hostile world. my current accomplishment is raising my two brothers and meeting a new friend. i dont like how i must obey my father all the time and wish i could sometimes do whatever i would like to but... i cant :(. my responsibilitys include a large variation of things including feeding, clothing, helping everyone in the family. my hopes and dreams are that we will soon have a home like our old one in new york... and that i will have friends and we will have a town soon and everything will be ok. whats real important right now is that i have a friend and wish she could come with us to . when we first got to canada i almost got lost in the forest but a new friend of mine saved me from getting lost. I eventually got to meet the whole family and i got to talking to my new friend, Sarah. I am jelous of Sarah because she still gets to have alot of fun as a kid. At the current moment we are staying in a wagon beside my fathers friends house. We are preparing to leave to go to our land lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment